Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is not me!



I am but a soul trapped in the wrong body, 
I'm  but a body trapped in the wrong role, 
I'm in a place trapped around the wrong people, 
I’m anybody you want me to be,  but I'm  just not me!

Why did I live someone else’s life? 
Why did I have to pretend? 
Why did I keep quiet and gulp down
My difference of opinion?

I'm not me, 
As you know me to be. 
I’m not me, 
As you want me to be. 
I'm not me.. 
This is not me. 

I am a curve, you are a line, 
I’ve tried to straighten as you have liked, 
I’ve killed my passions, forgone my desires, 
Patiently accepted your way of life….. The good life.. 


Then why do I feel empty? 
why do I feel unsure? 
My self esteem has no reason to look up
why can’t I live this life anymore.. 

I'm not me, 
As you know me to be, 
I’m not me, 
As you want me to be
I'm  not me.. 
This is not me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good way to show your feelings...frustration, despair, disappointment, maybe?

Thanx